Gov. Kay Ivey said in a press conference Tuesday that she intends to keep a stay athome order in place through the end of April.
Ivey will keep the order active through April 30 and will later decide on what can reopen.Ivey says the orders are driven by data and not a required date. “No one wants to openbusinesses more than I do,” Ivey said.
State Health Officer Scott Harris said the state hasn't quite met a White Houserecommendation of 14 days of declining cases before proceeding to an additional phaseof reopening as the global pandemic continues.
Ivey expressed concerns over testing not being adequate. “We are not testing enoughyet” Ivey claimed. There have been around 48,000 tests conducted in Alabama.
The St. Clair County Health Department held drive-thru testing Tuesday at Pell CityHigh School. According to St. Clair County EMA, 34 tests were conducted
This Week's Circulars
CROPWELL - Mr. Jerry W. Bickerstaff, age 73, passed away Thursday, July 30, 2020. He is preceded in death by his parents, Elbert and Josephine Bickerstaff and brother, Larry Bickerstaff. He is survived by his wife of 52 years, Pattie Bickerstaff; two daughters, Kathy (David) Parnell and Kell…
Geneva Florine "Ginny" Black, 77, of Coal City, Alabama, passed away Sunday, July 12, 2020 in a Birmingham hospital. She was preceded in death by her son, Alan Van Higginbotham and her parents, Joe and Orene Thornburg Black. Ms. Black was a retired nurse. For many years she was a psych nurse…
Mr. Phillip Dale "Big Daddy" Bradford, age 70, passed away Sunday, July 5, 2020. He was preceded in death by his parents, John and Edna Bradford. He is survived by sisters, Wanda Bradford and Sheron Walker; daughters, Tracie Hurst (Gary), Tammie Mitchell (Danney); son, Dan Bradford (Rhianna)…
- Pell City School Board announces reopening plan
- CEPA announces show at Lakeside Park
- Moody Chamber of Commerce donate to Moody fallen officers memorial fund
- Gov. Ivey announces statewide online driver license renewal
- Leeds Chamber of Commerce to hold virtual political forum
- St. Clair County Schools announce plans for the 2020-21 academic school year
- Pell City Bulletin
- UAB and Ascension St. Vincent's plan health care alliance
- James McGowan announces 2020 campaign
- ADOC makes changes to COVID-19 protocol
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.