RIVERSIDE – On Thursday, March 14 at 8 a.m., weather permitting, a Film Production Company will close the bridge on US-78 over the Coosa River at the St. Clair/Talladega County line in Riverside.
· Both directions of the Coosa River bridge on US-78 will be closed.
· Local traffic can use US-78 on each side of the bridge but will be unable to cross the bridge during the closure.
· Alternate detour route signing will be in place for both directions.
· The alternate detour route will follow I-20 from the US-78 Interchange (Exit 162) to Stemley Road Interchange (Exit 165).
· This operation is planned to be completed in one day and all traffic lanes will be re-opened no later than 3 p.m., on Thursday, March 14th.
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this maintenance operation to improve Alabama’s roadways
For further information, visit www.dot.state.al.us.