In March, Pell City High School students brought home 10 awards from the 2015 UAB Regional Science Fair, and two students qualified for the State Science Fair held at Huntsville in April.
Cayla Carpenter and Alyssa Haynes competed in the State Science & Engineering Fair on April 2-4. Cayla competed in the Physical Science Category and Alyssa competed in the Behavioral Science Category. Both students scored Honorable Mention in their categories on the state level.
Students who earned awards in the Regional Fair were:
• Kaylie Adcox: US Surgeon General Award for Outstanding Achievement, Honorable Mention in Medicine & Health Sciences Category
• Cayla Carpenter: Third Place in Physical Science Category
• Ellie Funderburg: US Metric Association Award for Outstanding Achievement
• Hallie Kate Hannah: US Navy Award for Outstanding Achievement
• Alyssa Haynes: US Navy Award for Outstanding Achievement, Third Place in Behavioral Science Category
• Joey Horton: NOAA Award for Outstanding Achievement
• Tameron Williams: First Place for Red Rock Makers Ingenuity Award, Honorable Mention in Engineering Category
Overall, 26 students competed in the Regional Fair at UAB. They were: Kaylie Adcox, Madison Anlage, Samantha Batson, Kindall Calhoun, James Cammon, Cayla Carpenter, Caitlynn Darby, Allison Epperson, Ellie Funderburg, Kayla Gold, Kristine Golden, Hallie Kate Hannah, Alyssa Haynes, Joseph Horton, Monicka Kirby, Maleigha Martin, DeJon Matthews, Daphne Moon, Ali Payne, Sophie Poteracki, Brooke Pursell, Danielle Roberts, Margaret Seay, Jason Storey, Lauren Tidwell, and Tameron Williams.