Williams Intermediate, Duran South, and Duran North all competed at the Jr. Beta State Convention at the BJCC on March 13-15. All three schools came home with wins and may be able to participate in the National Convention this summer in Oklahoma City.
The Jr. Beta Club promotes the ideals of academic achievement, character, service and leadership among elementary and secondary school students. It is divided into two divisions, Division 1 is for grades 4-5 and Division 2 is grades 6-8.
Williams Intermediate sponsors are Tanya Osborne and Josh Money. The club placed in several categories and also qualifies for nationals in Songfest.
- Creative Writing- 1st place Alyssa Combs
- Advertising and Communication- 1st place Jules Alexander, Mykah Lee, and Makayla Womack
- Painting and Fiber Arts- 4th place Bella Kate
- Technology- 4th place Cole Carver
- Robotics- 3rd place Lily Seay, Cole Carver, Braylon Ball and Thomas Bolton
- Science Test- 3rd place Carter White
- Talent- 3rd place Amelia Alverson
- Living Literature- 3rd place, 5th grade students
Duran South sponsors are Jamie Jack and Ashley Fomby. Duran South also won 4th place for Service Learning Showcase. Additional winners are:
- Language Arts Test- 2nd place MacKenzie Goulet
- Drawing- 2nd place Faith Franklin
- Creative Writing- 4th place Emily Kimberly
Duran North sponsors are Kellie Miller and Schorette Emerich. The winners are:
- Quiz Bowl – 2nd Place Christian Bloodsworth, Deegan Burrow, Tripp Carder, and Bradyn Turnbull
- Math Test- 2nd place Riley Surles
- Language Arts Test- 4th place Coral Church