Last month, members of the District II Garden Club of Alabama held their biennial spring meeting at Pell City Civic Center. District II covers nine counties in northeast Alabama and 21 garden clubs. Pell City hosted the luncheon meeting, and decorations and food were outstanding.
District II will hold its annual Fall Meeting on Oct. 28, 2015, at The V.F.W. Building in Fort Payne.
The following officers were installed by Ann Thomas of Pell City Garden Club to serve a two-year term beginning April 1.
• District Director: Peggy Hall, Pell City Garden Club, St. Clair County
• Vice-Director: Brent Wheeler, Ider Garden Club, DeKalb County
• Recording Secretary: Elizabeth Starnes, Pell City GC, St. Clair County
• Treasurer: Mary Summerville, Fort Payne GC, DeKalb
• Corresponding Secretary: Reita Grant, Flowering Dogwood GC, DeKalb
• Historian: Murray Phillips, Pell City GC, St. Clair County