The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
PELL CITY - Funeral services for Neva Jean Hestley, age 86, were held Wednesday, July 28 at 2 p.m. from the Chapel of Kilgroe Funeral Home. Interment followed at Mt. Carmel Cemetery. The family received friends on Wednesday from 1 to 2 p.m. at the funeral home. Mrs. Hestley passed away Sunda…
Mrs. Jean D. Owen, 84, of Pell City, Ala., passed away on Monday, July 5, 2021. Jean was of the Baptist faith. She loved Alabama football, the Atlanta Braves, music and the outdoors. She was preceded in death by her husband, Dean Owen; her parents, Bervil and Agnes Barber Davis; and brother,…
Funeral services for Thomas Armond "Tommy" Ritch, 72, will be Friday, June 11 at 11 a.m. from the Chapel of Kilgroe Funeral Home. Interment to followe at Bethlehem Primitive Baptist Cemetery in Gallant. The family will receive friends on Friday from 10 a.m. until service time at funeral home…
- All about Ashville
- Pell City Bulletin
- Pell City Council agrees to increase animal control fees for surrounding cities, county
- Ashville City Council begins planning for bicentennial
- Free Summer Sizzle Fest hosted in Ragland park on Aug. 7
- Wrestler Cory Land welcomed home to Moody
- "The Nature of Fragile Things" author Susan Meissner visits Pell City Library
- Pell City celebrates Glenn City Park improvements
- 37 inmates and one correctional officer test positive for COVID-19 in St. Clair County Jail
- Springville Happenings
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.