Pell City —
Jan. 24-April 12
This comprehensive 22 session Dental Assistant Program uniquely prepares students for entry level positions in one of the fastest growing health care fields – Dental Assistant. This program teaches the skills needed to work in a dental office as an entry-level dental assistant, receptionist, front office assistant or back office assistant. The main goal of this course is to familiarize the student with all of the areas of dental assisting. This class will include both theory and hands-on training that will allow students to become familiar with dental instruments and how to prepare them for the patients
The Dental Assistant Course Includes:
· The role of a dental assistant.
· Infection control and sterilization.
· Patient care and charting.
· Terminology and tooth anatomy.
· Instrument and hand piece identification.
· Radiology techniques and developing radiographs.
· Four handed dentistry.
· Composite and amalgam fillings.
· Crown and bridge.
· Partials and dentures.
· Oral surgery, root canal treatment, and toothache investigation.
· Preventative dentistry and oral hygiene instruction.
· Preparing a resume with interview techniques and career opportunities.
Each week, one night of class is held on campus. The other class night will be held at the office of our dental partner, Pell City Dental Center – Dr. Scott Barnett. The instructor is Dr. Barnett’s dental hygienist –Penny Murphy.
• Requirements for Eligibility: High school diploma or GED
• Fees (Due Upon Registration)……………$1199, plus textbbok
For information call: 205-856-7710